RedChutney, Indian Recipes, Techniques, Wine and Beer
What is this place?This is an on line community for folks interested in Indian cooking, technique, ingredients and wine.
- Do you want to cook Indian food, but do not know how to start?
- Do you have a great recipe for Mutter and Paneer and would like to share it with the world?
- Would you like to maintain your own collection of recipes within this site?
- Do you want to know how others thought of a recipes?
- No idea about what goes with what? Meal suggestions and more.
- Do you need Low Carbohydrate/Low Fat recipe ideas?
- Do you want Vegan/Vegetarian dishes?
- Do you want meat dishes?
- Clueless about wine (International wines, not necessarily Indian)?
- How about a cold beer?
How did this start?This all started when I was in Graduate School and wrote "The Graduate Students Guide to Indian Cooking". The book was placed on the internet in 1991, and like all things on the internet at that time was free (There was no world wide web at that time). It has taken on a life of it's own and is available on more than a thousand web sites across the Internet.
I have come quite some ways since then. I have realized that for every famous chef, there are many great cooks in the world who do not get any the opportunity to showcase their talent. Using the power of the internet, I intend to give them a forum to showcase their talent.
What will I find here?You will find a large selection of Indian recipes, techniques, ingredients, articles. Our wine expert will provide a selection of wines around the world for your pleasure. Beer is another drink which goes very well with Indian food and we will try to highlight a selection of beers.
I hope you have started salivating!
Bon appetit! See you later.....
Somesh Rao, 2006
"Graduate Students Guide to Indian Cooking"