This delicious dessert is served in some Indian Temples as prasad after the services. Also is a
staple sweet in South Indian weddings for breakfast (usually in a combo of Idly/Upma/Sheera).
||Cream of wheat
|1 ½ Cup
||Ripe banana chopped
- Heat milk in the microwave for about a minute.
- Cook the cream of wheat in a pan on medium heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring it regularly. Do not let it turn brown.
- Add ½ Cup ghee, banana, milk and sugar to the cooked cream of wheat
- Keep stirring continuously so that it will not form lumps, adding the rest of the Ghee.
- When this mixture stops sticking to the pan, it is done.
- Add the powdered seeds from the cardamom, saffron, nuts and raisins.
- Stir and serve hot (also tastes good when cold)