A lot of the Indian snacks usually come with a side of chutney. You can almost consider a chutney as an Indian version of the dipping sauce. This is great with Samosas and pakodas.
||Grated coconut (frozen)
||Oil (Olive, Canola, Corn or vegetable)
- Roast chana dal in a pan till light brown.
- Thaw the frozen coconut in a microwave
- Wash mint and separate the leaves from the stems. Discard the stems.
- Grind the chana dal, mint leaves, coconut , green chillies and salt with enough water to form a paste.
- Heat oil in a small pan, when hot add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds start popping, add a pinch of hing.
- Add lime to the paste
- Pour the oil/mustard seeds/hing into the paste and mix.