The Indian version of fritters. This snack is widely served all over India, with each region making minor modifications. The popularity can probably be explained by how easy and quick it is to make.
In the south, they sometimes replace onions with other vegetables.
Quite a favorite with my kids and we usually serve this up on a rainy cold afternoon with a cup of Chai.
||Red Cayenned pepper powder (Red Chilli powder)
||Red Onions chopped
||Green chillies chopped fine
||Coriander leaves (Cilantro)
||Oil (corn, vegetable)
- Mix all ingredients (except oil and water) throughly.
- Make it into a batter by adding the water.
- Heat oil in a pan or deep fryer.
- Using a spoon, taking care not to splash the oil, slide the batter into the oil. You can make 8-10 in each batch depending upon the size of the pan.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve by itself or you can optionally serve with chutney.