Pistachio Date rolls
I first tried this out at my cousins house. My cousin Usha is a phenomenal cook. After tasting this I had to have the recipe. What can I say, I must have gained a pound just eating this stuff.
||Dessicated coconut flakes
- Chop the pistachios into 1/8 inch pieces.
- Melt butter on slow flame and add chopped dates. Keep stirring (you need some muscle for this) until it blends well and turns soft.
- Add the chopped pistachios to the dates and mix well with the dates. Continue heating on a low flame.
- Spread the dessicated coconut on a glass cutting surface.
- When the date and pistachio mixture stops sticking to the pan, pour this mixture on the dessicated coconut
- When the mixture is still warm, start rolling and make 4 twelve inch long logs (the dessicated coconut will form a nice crust around this roll)
- Cover the rolls in saran wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Cut the rolls into 1 inch long pieces