Great appetizer or a light snack with tea. It is modelled after the puff pastries that you could buy from the Iyengar bakeries of Bangalore. Very simple to make but everyone will talk about your culinary skills after tasting this.
||Ready to use puff pastry sheet (Pepperidge farms)
- The night before, move the frozen pastry sheet from the freezer to the refrigerator so that it can thaw (See directions on the package). Take it out of the fridge 30 minutes before starting.
- Dice onions and fry in oil. Add green chillies which have been finely chopped.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes and cook with the onions. W
- When potatoes are almost cooked, add the peas and the garam masala
- <bVery Important/> Make sure that the vegetable has enough of salt and spice before you stuff it in the pastry roll. No way to rectify later.
- After the pastry roll has thawed, open it out to a flat sheet and roll it with a rolling pin to make it thinner.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 3" squares
- Place 2-3 teaspoons of the cooked vegetable in the middle and fold the edges and seal.
- Put these in a pre-heated oven (350 Degrees F) for about 20-30 minutes (or until it turns a golden brown). Midway, you could flip it over.