If you think that okra dishes end up as a sticky mess, you will be pleasantly surprised with this one. It is not the usual sticky okra. The key is to cook the okra with oil and without any water. This is the dish which made me love okra and goes great with any of the breads (like Phulka)
||green cayenne chilli
- Wash the okra and dry it thoroughly.
- Cut off the heads and cut into small circles.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes separately.
- Microwave okra for 3 minutes in an uncovered pan. Covering it causes drops of condensed water to drop on the okra making it sticky. This also reduces the oil that you need for cooking the okra
- Put oil in a thick pan, add green chillies, add cumin seeds, turmeric,chopped onion. Stir fry till the onions are golden brown.
- Add tomotoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add okra to the pan and stir fry till they are brown.